Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Featured Artwork: i carry your heart

i carry your heart 24"x24" Oil on Canvas
The poem i carry your heart by EE Cummings inspired me to create an oil painting with the same title. I was especially moved by the ending of the poem:

here is the deepest secret...
this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart...
i carry your heart
(i carry it in my heart) 

I wanted to capture the raw emotion of the poem and portray what it means to me on canvas. I hope that my painting inspires someone as much as the poem inspired me.

i carry your heart is 24" x 24" and is currently available at UGallery.com. They will be offering 20% off all art this Thanksgiving weekend!

I have other abstract oil paintings on view at UGallery.com, and at my website, cynthialigeros.com. Thanks so much for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment